Tuesday, September 18, 2018

September

Absence is meant to leave a wound. The pain of such does not signify that you weren't meant to part ways, it does not signify that you are inescapably tied to one another. Eternity within a relationship lasts as far as the minds in love can see when put together. Wounds are only a passage of time. Why, under any circumstances, smother a love that has already been exhausted?
I could sit and revel in this pain for an endless amount of time. I am dissecting it for absolutely every ounce of feel it holds, I am tearing through the displaced lacing pulled from me mercilessly and I am both understanding and raging within it to depths I would have never thought attainable. I am terrified of it yet it's something I cannot and would not take myself away from, not if it means a complete loss. I will sit with it. I will sleep beside it. I will walk atop it, but I refuse to seep beneath. I can manage to keep it alive through thought, as cruel and unyielding as they may thread together, they remain. Everything remains, even within the loss. Disastrous, I am. I am I am I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment